Taco "Meat" (Servings: 4)
- 3 cups of Portobella mushrooms
- 1 cup English walnuts (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Milford's Mexican Blast
Fermented Salsa (Servings: 8)
- Two large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Salt/pepper to taste
1. Rinse and mince the Portobello mushrooms (you can also chop them in a food processor)
2. Rinse and mine the English walnuts (same as above)
3. Turn the stove on medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and red onion. Cook until the onions and garlic become aromatic and soft
4. Add the mushrooms and walnuts, stirring occasionally
5. Turn the heat on low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes
1. Chop all ingredients and put them in a large bowl.
2. Liberally apply salt and pepper to taste.
3. Seal in an air tight container and let it ferment in a dark place (like a pantry) for 24-48 hours before eating.
Serve with guacamole, "sour cream" (Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese or Yogurt), and fermented salsa on a bed of greens of your choice.