Posted by Spice Girl on 10/31/2012 to Sweets
- This recipe is largely from Food.com:
1 cup butter
- 3 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon MSC ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon MSC Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon MSC ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon MSC allspice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 -6 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut the butter into the flour with a pastry blender or a large fork.
Blend in the sugar, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and allspice; beat eggs, vinegar, and milk together.
Mix with the flour mixture until a stiff dough is formed.
Knead thoroughly and roll out 1/4-inch thick.
Cut into 3-inch rounds and place on greased baking sheets. Prick several times with a fork and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar while still warm.