Posted by Marie - Milford Kitchen on 6/30/2021 to Beef, Pork & Lamb
*Since this special spice is salt-free, you can omit the salt in the recipe, too!
3.5 - 4 pounds country style ribs (1.5” in thickness)
½ cup apple cider vinegar
¾ cup cold water
¼ tsp salt (optional)
2 Tbsp regular soy sauce or ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt (optional)
2 Tbsp brown sugar or honey
Ground black pepper
½ cup - 1 cup BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce)
· Make Ribs Marinade: Add 2 Tbsp Milford Spice Habanero Garlic Pepper and 2 tbsp regular soy sauce in Instant Pot. Add in ½ cup apple cider vinegar and ¾ cup cold water, then mix thoroughly.
· Marinate Ribs: Place 3.5 - 4 lb country style ribs into the apple cider vinegar marinade. Add ¼ tsp (optional) coarse kosher salt (optional), ground black pepper, and 2 tbsp brown sugar or honey on top of the country style ribs. Marinate ribs for 30 minutes - 1 hour in the fridge.
· *Tip: The apple cider vinegar helps tenderize the ribs. So, don’t marinate it for too long, or the ribs can come out a bit mushy.
· Pressure Cook Country Style Ribs: Close lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 15 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release. After natural releasing for 10 minutes, carefully turn the Venting Knob to Venting Position to release the remaining pressure. Open the lid carefully.
· Apply BBQ Sauce & Broil Ribs: Set the country style ribs on an oven tray, then generously apply ½ cup - 1 cup BBQ sauce all over the ribs.
· In the Oven: Place the ribs on an oven tray under the "Broil" function (or the highest temperature setting) for a few minutes until the BBQ sauce is caramelized (about 3-4 minutes).